35 hours (usually 5 days including breaks)
- General IT knowledge
- Experience with automation testing
- Some programming experience
- Automation test engineers
Tricentis Tosca is a software testing tool designed for automating continuous end-to-end testing for software applications.
In this instructor-led, live training training participants will learn how to use Tosca to carry out end-to-end (web + backend) testing. The training combines theory with practice in a live lab environment, giving participants the chance to interact with the technology, the instructor and their peers.
The training starts with an overview of traditional code and script based automation testing and contrasts it with Tosca's model-based (MBT) approach. Participants learn how to create and execute test cases using Tosca's default modules as well as how to custom build their own modules for execution.
From software modeling principals to test coverage across different browsers, this training walks participants through both theory and practice and enables them to implement their own testing solution in Tosca.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
INTRODUCTION AND OVERVIEW
What is model-based testing?
The Tricentis Tosca Testsuite
- GUI testing, API testing, Mobile testing, Service virtualization, Test data design and generation, Business intelligence testing, and Exploratory testing
- License server, database and desktop application
A brief tour of the Tosca workspace
- Customizing the Tosca workspace
Overview of the Tosca test process
- Manual, semi-automated, and fully automated testing
- Achieving high automation rates
Overview of Tosca components
- TestCases, ExecutionLists, Modules, Requirements, TestCaseDesign
OPTIMIZING RISK COVERAGE THROUGH REQUIREMENTS
Risk management vs conventional test coverage
PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING AN END-TO-END TESTING PROJECT
Building the application model
- Defining system states and conditions from a business perspective
- Working with test case templates
- Scanning the application
- Generating test cases
Test data management
WEB APPLICATION TESTING WITH TOSCA
Implementing a web UI automation testing project
HTML control recognition
Building automated test cases
Communication with the database
Working with database tables
Executing test cases
Reporting test execution results
Testing different browsers
REUSE AND CUSTOMIZATION
Using and re-using test cases
Extending Tosca with customized adapters
INTEGRATING TOSCA WITH OTHER TOOLS
Automation test suites
Development of architecture concept