14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An general understanding of microservices development and networking.
- Experience with the Linux command line.
- Cloud architects
- DevOps engineers
- Network engineers
- Sys Admins
Envoy Proxy is an edge and service proxy created by Lyft. Envoy can be used as a communication bus and universal data plane for microservice service mesh architectures.
This instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote) is aimed at engineers who wish to use Envoy Proxy to enable microservices to talk to each other.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Envoy Proxy.
- Use Envoy Proxy to abstract the network and visualize problem areas with ease.
- Resolve microservice issues related to networking and observability.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Envoy Proxy, please visit: https://www.envoyproxy.io/
- Envoy Proxy vs NGINX and HAProxy
Setting up Envoy Proxy
Overview of Envoy Proxy Features and Architecture
How Cloud Load Balancers Work
Case Study: Envoy Proxy as a Front Proxy vs in a Service Mesh
Configuring Dynamic Routing
Securing Network Traffic
Building a Service Mesh using Envoy Proxy
Deploying and Managing Microservices in a Service Mesh
Detecting Microservice Errors
Migrating from NGINX to Envoy Proxy
Migrating from HAProxy to Envoy Proxy
Summary and Conclusion